Culture of Life News Briefs
What do Americans Consider Sinful? A new poll sheds some interesting light on what behaviors Americans think are sinful. Adultery tops the list at 81% of respondents. (Beware of marrying the other 19%!) Use of hard drugs is 65%, abortion, interestingly, is 56%. Gossip (47%) and swearing (46%) beat out premarital sex (45%). Read more at Christifidelis.
Late Abortions Decrease Dramatically In Kansas Due To Pro-life Efforts
Topeka, KS – The Kansas Department of Health and Environment is reporting that the total number of abortions done in Kansas dipped in 2007, with the most remarkable decrease in late-term abortions. Those generally decreased by 23 percent while late abortions done after viability dropped 28 percent. More from Operation Rescue.
Egg Donation and Human Trafficking: Whenever most people hear the term “egg donor,” they usually consider this a good thing, as most of us assume that anyone who donates is altruistically motivated and thus engaged in something intrinsically good. And besides, it’s for a great cause, so everything is all right, yes? More from First Things.
Live Life, Love Life and Honor Terri Schiavo from Reflections of a Paralytic is a great read in memory of Terri. Be sure to check out Jill Stanek’s fabulous posts on Terri: Photojournal of Terri’s Death and Terri’s Day.