Obama’s website: The Pro-abortion Wish List
A coalition of pro-abortion groups, including Planned Parenthood, the National Organization for Women, the Guttmacher Institute, NARAL Pro-Choice America, and the American Civil Liberties Union, have posted a reproductive health wish list on the Obama Transition Team Web site, change.gov.
The actions the document calls for partly include the following:
– Increasing Title X Family Planning Funding, which funds Planned Parenthood and others on the list, from $300 million in fiscal year 2009 to $700 million in 2010.
– Federal funding of abortions for Medicaid-eligible women, federal employees and their dependents, residents of the District of Columbia, Peace Corp volunteers, Native American women and women in federal prisons.
– Reduce the cost and increase availability of contraceptives for women on college campuses.
– Rescind the so-called “Global Gag Rule,” or Mexico City Policy first implemented by President Ronald Reagan in 1989, to allow federal funding of programs in foreign countries that promote or perform abortions.
– De-fund abstinence-only programs.
– Increase federal funding of international family planning programs from $461 million in fiscal year 2009 to $1 billion for 2010.
– Remove age restrictions — which is now 18 or older — for access to over-the-counter emergency contraceptives.
– Create the first-ever comprehensive sex education program that is paid for by federal dollars.
– Calls on Congress to pass the Freedom of Choice Act, which would strike down all state and federal laws that restrict abortion and make federally funded abortions available in all 50 states.
– Reverse the Health and Human Services Federal Refusal Rule, which protects health care professionals who are morally opposed to promoting or providing abortions.