Nine beatifications approved by Pope Benedict
VATICAN CITY, 8 JUN 2010 (VIS) – The Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff has announced that the following rites of beatification, approved by the Holy Father, will be held over coming months:
– Lojze Grozde, Slovenian layman and martyr, on 13 June, 11th Sunday of Ordinary Time, in Celje Slovenia.
– Stephen Nehme (ne Joseph), Lebanese professed religious of the Order of Maronites, on 27 June, 13th Sunday of Ordinary Time, in Kfifan, Lebanon.
– Leopoldo Sanchez Marquez de Alpandeire (ne Francesco), Spanish professed layman of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchins, on 12 September, 24th Sunday of Ordinary Time, in Granada, Spain.
– Mary of the Immaculate Conception (nee Maria Isabella Salvat y Romero), Spanish superior general of the Institute of Sisters of the Company of the Cross, on Saturday 18 September in Seville, Spain.
– Chiara Badano, Italian lay woman, on Saturday 25 September at the Shrine of Our Lady of Divine Love, Rome.
– Anna Maria Adorni, Italian foundress of the Congregation of Handmaidens of Blessed Mary Immaculate and of the Institute of the Good Shepherd of Parma, on 3 October, 27th Sunday of Ordinary Time, in Parma, Italy.
– Szilard Bogdanffy, Romanian bishop and martyr, on Saturday 30 October, in Oradea Mare, Romania.
– Barbara of the Blessed Trinity (nee Barbara Maix), Austrian foundress of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, on Tuesday 9 November, Feast of the dedication of the Lateran Basilica, in Porto Alegre, Brazil.