7 Things You Can Do to Fight the Contraception Mandate
Here are some great suggestions from Truth and Charity:
1. Pray! We all intend to pray for an end to abortion, contraception, and any other practices which defile human life, but how often do you offer a rosary or divine mercy chaplet specifically for those issues? Do you fast? Try skipping one meal per week. Heck, try giving up every snack or even just butter on your roll or gravy on your potatoes. Even the smallest sacrifice for our Lord can do wondrous things.
2. Call your Congressmen! Congress holds the purse strings of the Federal Government, and empirical data suggests that Congress doesn’t generally act unless the public expresses outrage. (Follow this link and use the directory at the top right of the page to find your Congressman’s info.)
3. Take courage! Christ instituted the Church in a time when many were hostile to outside religions. Christ himself was crucified, and countless followers were martyred for their belief in his teaching. Their martyrdom did not diminish the faith, but propagated it and inspired others to live their faith with courage.
4. Pray for our clergy! The shepherds of the Church need our prayers to have the fortitude to preach the Gospel and give strength to their sheep during this time of persecution.
5. Engage the social media! Show the Catholic bishops of the United States that you support them! Join the Facebook page we have dedicated to the cause: Stand with the US Bishops against HHS.
6. Show your support visually! If you are a blogger or webmaster, support the bishops by posting a badge on your site! We have a variety to choose from, and you can see how each would look on the background color of your site by using the Badge Selection Tool.
7. Finally, take heart that even though our life on this earth can seem long, it is as Mother Teresa described, “In light of heaven, the worst suffering on earth, a life full of the most atrocious tortures on earth, will be seen to be no more serious than one night in an inconvenient hotel.”
Read the story here.