DECREES OF THE CONGREGATION FOR THE CAUSES OF SAINTS
Vatican City, January 27, 2014 (VIS) – The Holy Father today received in audience Cardinal Angelo Amato S.D.B., prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints. During the audience he authorized the promulgation of decrees concerning the following causes:
– Servant of God Pietro Asua Mendia, Spanish diocesan priest, killed in hatred of the faith in Liendo, Spain in 1936
– Servant of God Giuseppe Girelli, Italian diocesan priest (1886-1978).
– Servant of God Zacarias of St. Theresa (ne Zacarias Salterain Viscarra), Spanish professed priest of the Order of Discalced Carmelites (1887-1957).
– Servant of God Marcelle Mallet, Canadian foundress of the Sisters of Charity of Quebec (1805-1871).
– Servant of God Maria Benita Arias, Argentine foundress of the Servants of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament (1822-1894).
– Servant of God Margerita De Brincat, Maltese foundress of the Franciscan Sisters of the Heart of Jesus (1862-1952).
– Servant of God Seraphine (nee Noemy Cinque), Brazilian professed nun of the Congregation of Adorers of the Blood of Christ (1913-1988).
– Servant of God Elisabetta Sanna, Italian laywoman and professed Tertiary of the Order of Minims of St. Francis (1788-1857).