Seven Quick Takes: Summer Conferences, Saints, and Prayer
1. Due to unexpected expenses this past year, I was unable to attend the Catholic Writers Conference in Chicago this summer, which was a big disappointment, as we had planned to combine it with a family visit. However, I am happy to say that I will be attending the Midwest Catholic Family Conference in Wichita this weekend. Check out the details HERE.
2. Here is a photo from last year’s Catholic Writers Conference of the beautiful Pat Gohn (on the right) and me. What a fabulous conference that was! Some of the amazing Catholic authors I met up with include: Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle, Pat Gohn, Leticia Velasquez, Ellen Gable, Elizabeth Scalia, Lisa Mladinich , Patti Maguire Armstrong, Regina Doman, Vinny Flynn, Teresa Tomeo, Karina Fabian, Ann Margaret Lewis, AnnMarie Creedon, and John Desjarlais.
4. One characteristic I admire about the saints is their joy. I wrote about it this past week, hoping to spread a little of it to my readers.
5. This past week I wrote about a saint with whom I just recently became acquainted –-St. Alphonsa of the Immaculate Conception: First Woman Saint of India. What an amazing woman!
6. This week I posted the novena to St. Dominic — my birthday saint. He is special to me for many reasons, which I will write more about later.
7. Let’s all remember that today, First Friday, August 1, is a day of prayer, adoration and solidarity for the persecuted Christians in Iraq, Syria, and the Middle East.
For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!