1. This was a busy, but short, writing and blogging week for me. It’s been in the upper 90’s and humid here, so most of my activities have been indoor ones. I have been going to the “Y” everyday this week to “work out.” I can’t wait to be outdoors again and am looking forward to the fall with temperatures in the 70’s and 80’s.
2. On Labor Day, we went to see “When the Game Stands Tall” starring Jim Caviezel, who is one of my favorite actors, and he certainly does not disappoint in this film. It was very inspiring and very intense. It’s also a tear-jerker, so bring the tissues along. It stresses character and commitment, which make it a good family film; however, you may want to leave the toddlers at home, as it lasts over two hours. Kathy Schiffer shares her review HERE.
3. Blessed Mother Teresa: Fifteen Favorite Quotes is my post in honor of her feast day today, September 5th.
4. Did you know that Pope Francis was video-chatting with youth from five continents yesterday?
5. On Thursday, the saint of the day was St. Rosalia, a hermitess and patron saint of Palermo, Sicily. Her feast is celebrated twice a year by that city.
6. On Wednesday, we celebrated the feast of Pope St. Gregory the Great, Early Church Father and Doctor of the Church.
7. September is the month dedicated to the Seven Sorrows of Mary. I love months that are dedicated to her!
Have a fabulous weekend!!!
For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!