Best Catholic Books for Lent 2015
With Lent only two weeks away, it’s time to start looking at some inspiring reading material to help us grow in holiness.
Of the books I have read, the following are my favorites for Lent:
1. Bringing Lent Home with St. John Paul II: Prayers, Reflections, and Activities for Families by Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle
2. Bringing Lent Home with St. Thérèse of Lisieux: Prayers, Reflections, and Activities for Families by Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle
3. Seven Saints for Seven Virtues by Jean M. Heimann (helpful in learning to replace sin with specific virtues)
4. Practical Theology: Spiritual Direction from Saint Thomas Aquinas by Peter Kreeft
5. The Grace of Yes: Eight Virtues for Generous Living by Lisa Hendey
6. Walking with Mary: A Biblical Journey from Nazareth to the Cross by Edward Sri
7. Magnifcat Lenten Companion
All of these books are very readable and relevant.