1. Our pastor, Father Daryl (right), and our associate pastor, Father Max (left), have both been re-assigned to other parishes and this past Sunday, June 21, Father’s Day. our parish held a going away reception for both. They are very gifted and dedicated servants of the Lord and I will miss them both — especially our pastor who has been with us for 16 years.
Here I am with Fr. Daryl, our pastor.
Here I am with Fr. Max. We look a bit ethereal in this photo, don’t we?
2. I love bonfires! Read about the connection between bonfires and the Solemnity of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist HERE.
3. This past week, we celebrated the feasts of Sts. Thomas More and John Fisher. Both men gave up their lives in testimony to defend Church unity and the indissolubility of the sacrament of Matrimony. Both men had well-formed consciences and were willing to die for the Truth.
4. How did you spend your Father’s Day? Read these inspiring quotes to bring a little joy to your day.
5. We are gearing up for Independence Day here and celebrating our freedoms, especially our religious freedom, while we still have it. Here is how our diocese is celebrating the Fortnight for Freedom this year.
6. If you are not already familiar with the Indie Catholic authors, here is a great chance to get to know them better. They have a summer sale event going on now and are sponsoring a book giveaway until 12 A.M. Saturday, June 27.
7. Just for fun, check out these photos of my cantankerous 12-year-old calico cat:
“Does this make me look fat?”
“Am I still being photographed? How would you like me to pose now?”
Have a wonderful weekend!