Ten Tips for a Peace-Filled Advent
1. Attend daily Mass and the sacrament of Reconciliation with your family as often as possible.
2. Attend fewer Christmas parties and spend more time in prayer. Pray the Rosary with the family or spend an hour each week in Eucharistic Adoration together. Light a candle for the Blessed Virgin Mary on her feast days.
3. Laugh. Find humor in the events of your everyday life. Watch classic comedies with clean humor.
3. Buy fewer Christmas presents for family. Instead teach them the real meaning of Christmas by giving more of your time, talents, and money to those who need it. Volunteer at the soup kitchen or the homeless shelter. Collect food, toys, coats, and other articles for the needy.
4. Use an Advent calendar and a wreath to mark this time of preparation. Pray Advent prayers with the family when you light up the candle on the wreath. Sing “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel” throughout Advent. Pray the Rosary or the Chaplet of Divine Mercy at this time.
5. Take prayer naps — rest in the arms of Jesus. Surrender your worries to Him. Accept His gift of peace.
6. Listen to beautiful religious music — like Advent at Ephesus.
7. Keep outdoor lights and decorations simple, using religious CHRISTmas scenes like the Nativity or a star.