7 Quick Takes: Food, Fun, and Faith
1. I love food, but need to consistently eat healthy food. Once in awhile, I sneak in some sweets, which puts weight on. Above are two dishes I made for supper tonight: my favorite tossed salad with Italian chicken vegetable soup. I used mostly organic or non-GMO ingredients in everything. My husband loved it! If you would like the recipes, just email me with “Recipes” in the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to share them with you.
2. With winter in full force, I have been drinking more tea lately: Roobois, Ginger, and Cinnamon. Here are some ideas for healthy hot, delicious drinks to warm you up.
3. What did you do for fun over the holidays? I celebrated with family at Christmas and several friends at a New Year’s Eve Party. I also went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Who can resist a new episode of Star Wars? I don’t understand all the fuss about Carrie Fisher’s appearance. Of course she no longer looks like she did when she was nineteen! The woman is fifty-nine now and she has aged gracefully and looks great. No, that is not her above! It’s Chewie, who still looks the same as she did thirty-nine years ago, but only her stylist knows for sure. 🙂 This is a meme that has been circulating on Facebook.
4. Here is a photo of Bill and I on Christmas Eve at our parish church.
5. This new year I want to try to do my best to emulate our Blessed Mother Mary and the saints. Here are some of my latest blog posts: Emulating Mary, the Mother of God, in This Year of Mercy, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton: Woman of Charity, Courage, and Perseverance, The Spirituality of St. John Neumann.
6. This is what I plan on doing more of in 2016.
7. Here’s an inspirational and powerful short film for the men in your life:
Have a wonderful weekend!
For more Quick Takes, visit Kelly at This Ain’t The Lyceum.
~ Photos and text copyright Jean M. Heimann 2016