Five Things You Can Do if You Are Unable to Attend the March for Life
I have previously participated in the March for Life in Washington D.C. and found it to be an amazing and unforgettable experience. However, like many other pro-lifers I am unable to attend this year. Here are some suggestions for those who are unable to attend, but still want to be pro-active.
1. Pray for those who are participating in the March for Life. Here is one prayer you might say:
Father and maker of all, you adorn all creation with splendor and beauty, and fashion human lives in your image and likeness. Awaken in every heart reverence for the work of your hands, and renew among your people a readiness to nurture and sustain your precious gift of life. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, for ever and ever. Amen.
2. Attend Mass, pray the Rosary or the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, or go to Eucharistic Adoration and pray for an end to abortion.
3. Fast — from food, electronic devices, your favorite TV program, or something that is pleasurable to you and offer it up for an end to abortion.
4. Pray for the conversion of abortionists and abortion clinic workers. Ask Jesus to lift the veil of darkness which blinds them to the violence of abortion so that they will see the light of truth.
5. Help lift a single mom’s burden by offering to help her in any way you can. Perhaps you have sightly used clothes to share with her or her family. You might take her out to eat or cook a homemade meal. You might offer to babysit for her, so that she will have some time to herself.
~ copyright 2016 Jean M. Heimann