7 Quick Takes: A New Book!
1. The most important item on my Quick Takes List is this (drum roll):
Coming May 13, on the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima, my new book, Learning to Love With the Saints a Spiritual Memoir. Stay tuned for my Book Blog Tour which runs from May 13 – 23.
- The second most important item on my agenda is a garage sale this coming week. I have a variety of items that I am getting ready for the sale. I enjoy garage sales, even if they don’t include the mystery that Hallmark adds to them. It’s fun meeting new folks and sharing small “treasures” with them.
3. What have I been reading lately? Some wonderful books, including:
33 Days to Merciful Love: A Do-It-Yourself Retreat in Preparation for Divine Mercy by Fr. Michael E. Gaitley, MIC
How To Be Holy: First Steps In Becoming A Saint by Peter Kreeft
The Four Keys to Everlasting Love by Karee Santos and Manuel P. Santos, MD
I highly recommend all three!
4. This past week we have celebrated the lives of some wonderful saints:
- St. Anselm, Archbishop and Doctor of the Church, who fought for religious freedom and human rights and won!
- St. Agnes of Montepulciano: Dominican Mystic and Woman of Miracles
- Blessed Mary of the Incarnation: Mother and Foundress of Carmel in France
Here is a close-up I managed to get of the male mallard. Isn’t he striking?
7. Easter is the season of joy and the other day I decided to jot down a few thoughts about “The Virtue of Joy”.
Have a wonderful weekend!
For more Quick Takes, visit Kelly at This Ain’t The Lyceum.
All images copyright Jean M. Heimann 2016.