Seven Saint Quotes on the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
On June 3, we celebrate the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Here are seven inspiring saint quotes for reflection on this beautiful feast day.
2. “Let us learn to honor the Sacred Heart in the Eucharist. Let us never separate them.” — St. Peter Julian Eymard
4. “Go to the Heart of Jesus and draw from it, and when you need more, go back to the Source and draw again.” — St. Madeleine Sophie Barat
4. “‘I came to cast fire upon the earth; and would that it were already kindled” (Luke 12:29). We have approached the fire of the love of God. Let us allow that fire to burn our lives. Let us feed the desire to spread that divine fire throughout the world, making t known to all the people around us. They too can experience the peace of Christ and find happiness there. A Christian who lives united to Christ’s heart can have no goals but these: peace in society, peace in the Church, peace in his soul, the peace of God which will reach its climax when his kingdom comes.” — St. Josemaria Escriva
5. “His ‘Sacred Heart’ has given men everything: redemption, salvation, sanctification… Through the mystery of this wounded Heart, the restorative tide of God’s merciful love continues to spread over the men and women of our time. Here alone can those who long for true and lasting happiness find its secret.” — Pope St. John Paul II, from his homily on the first universal celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday, 2001.
6. “What would become of me if I did not dedicate all my affections to the Sacred Host? Oh yes, I know it Lord; that in order to make me deserve paradise in heaven, You give me Communion here on earth!” — St. Gemma Galgani
7. “Do not let the past disturb you — just leave everything in the Sacred Heart and begin again with joy.” — Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta