7 Quick Takes: Christmas Movies and Books
- Believe is one Christmas movie I am looking forward to viewing this year. It opens in theaters on Dec. 2. Here is a review from Variety, Here is a brief synopsis from the website. For years, the small town of Grundy, Va. has relied on the Peyton family to provide the highlight of the year—the annual Christmas pageant. When Matthew Peyton (Ryan O’Quinn) inherits the family business, the responsibility of the Christmas pageant also falls on his shoulders. But as financial hardships fall on the town, Matthew finds himself overwhelmed. As his business profits plummet and his workers begin to strike, Matthew is forced to make a decision between selling the family business and cancelling the beloved pageant or sticking out hardships despite his rapidly declining popularity in the community. Through chance events, Matthew meets Clarence (Issac Ryan Brown), a boy who believes in miracles, and his mother Sharon (Danielle Nicolet). His newfound friends impact Matthew’s life in a way he never thought possible and teach him to believe and give faith a chance.
- A few years ago, I put together a post on my favorite Christmas movies HERE.
- I am adding these to my favorite list of Advent and CHRISTMAS books:
Speaking of Advent, here are Twelve Tips to a Holy Advent Season.
- My new website continues to be a work in progress, but you can check it out HERE.
- Here is a children’s book that I have been reading for Advent that is very good:
Light for the World: A Catholic Kid’s Guide to Advent and Christmas
- If you are looking for a great novena to pray this Christmas, try this one.
- Here are some books that you may want to give as gifts to the adults on your list this year. I highly recommend them!
Have a happy and holy Advent!
For more Quick Takes, please visit Kelly at This Ain’t The Lyceum.