Seven Ways to Enjoy the Summer on a Budget
This summer our budget is somewhat limited, but we still need the refreshment and relaxation that a vacation can bring. Here are seven inexpensive ideas for a enjoyable summer.
- Take some short trips to nearby nature spots — state parks, lakes, or waterfalls. Recently, we visited Chase Lake and Chase Lake Falls in Cottonwood Falls, Kansas.
- Plant a garden. It can be a vegetable garden or a flower garden — something easy to grow in your area. We planted tomatoes this year and some new rose bushes, as they both seem to grow well here and don’t require a lot of work.
- Take advantage of free summer concerts or plays in your area.
- Go bicycling, take walks down nature trails, and in parks.
- Go camping or on a picnic with your family or friends.
- Read new books. If you cannot afford them, check them out from your local public or church library. If they don’t have the book or books you want to read, ask them to order them. Here are some books I recommend.
- Have you considered attending Adoration Under the Stars? If they don’t have this in your area, perhaps you might suggest it or help to organize it.
Have a very Happy 4th of July!
For more Quick Takes, please visit Kelly at This Ain’t The Lyceum.